Video Playback & Streaming - FAQs
1) Custom Video Playlist - You can easily create and play a custom video playlist within any song collection! For instance, when using “Sight Words - Alphabetical Order", check the "Show Playlist Options" box under any video being played and you'll see the song list appear (See image below). Check the box next to all the songs you'd like to add, then click "Save Playlist". You can also click "Clear Playlist" to start over.
Once your playlist is saved, it will show the "Song Name", a green "Play" icon, "Move-Up" and "Move-Down" icons, and a red "Delete" icon. Move your songs up or down on the list as you like and these selections will remain in place every time you return to that set of songs! Then click the "Play" icon on your first movie, and the list will automatically play thru!
2) Another useful feature is the "Repeat" checkbox, which lets you repeat any video as it plays until you uncheck or select another video.
3) "Autoplay" - This feature is useful if you'd like your videos to move from one song to the next automatically thru the whole song collection. This feature may not work correctly when you're using our custom Video Playlist feature!
4) "Add to Favorites" - This feature is not part of our Custom Playlist, but will add a new section to your Catalog page, similar to the "Continue Watching" feature.
5) "Share" - There is a new “Share” button, but it does not share videos or embedded links like you might find on YouTube or Vimeo! This button is a feature of our streaming host and does not actually work how any of us would like, but we are unable to turn it off or hide it! Currently, there is no way to share our videos without an active account on our HeidiSongs streaming platform. This is also the case if you are copying and pasting a URL link to Google Slides/Canvas/Seesaw or other teaching software, there is no way to share these videos without an active account. Instead, the URL link will open up our streaming site, prompting the user to log in.
6) Playing Videos on your Television - If you have an iPhone or an Apple computer, you can use AirPlay to stream videos to your TV. If you have a modern TV or an attached set-top box or player, you might even have a web browser option that will allow you to log into our streaming site directly! Please note, some smart screens or tv browsers may not work properly and have playback issues.
7) Compatibility issues - We occasionally hear of schools and school districts limiting or filtering general internet access, so be sure that you check with your tech support to "whitelist' our site at "https://heidisongs.uscreen.io/" and "https://www.heidisongs.tv". Some may need additional URLs to be whitelisted, and please email us for a longer list if you are still having trouble. Additionally, we have heard that some brands of Smart Boards have issues with their "touch compatible" software, so be sure to test all your board's features during your free trial.
8) Deleting Account - You may see an option to delete your account when logged in. When this action is done, all account information including past payment, login information, and subscription/rental access is completely deleted and no longer accessible to you or us. Once an account is deleted, we are no longer able to refund any payments or cancel any subscriptions. To get access again after an account has been deleted, you will need to create a new account and enter payment information again.
9) Cancelling Your Account- To cancel your account, go to Profile, Purchases, and under Membership click the button that says "Cancel Membership". Follow the prompts to confirm the cancellation of your account. You will get an email with a cancellation confirmation. If you do not see this email, your account may not have been canceled, or it is being blocked by email settings. Please email us to confirm your account has been canceled. You can also email us and we can get your account canceled for you, just let us know the email for your account.
If you have any questions or need help with anything, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us M-F from 8:30-3:00 pm PST at 909-331-2090. If we miss you, leave a message and we'll call you back as soon as possible.
10) Don't see any emails from us? If you are not seeing any emails from us, check your spam and junk folders in case the email ended up there. Sometimes school email addresses may have filters in place that block our emails from arriving in your inbox. We recommend adding email@example.com email address, along with firstname.lastname@example.org into your contact list, or searching under that email address for any missing emails. If you still don't see any emails from us, either give us a call at (909) 331-2090 or send us an email from a personal email address instead of a school email address so we can help you out.